.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
STOP THE TRAFFIK
Google
 
Web www.greensy.blogspot.com

Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

Called to move on....

Here is the letter that appeared from Melissa and myself along with our church newsletter today.

Dear corps folk,

In June Melissa and I were approached to consider joining the team at Footscray Salvation Army.
We were asked consider moving into the Salvation Army building (the old Carinya boys home) and living in community with the other team members and help in outreaching to the people of Footscray.
Since returning from our YES team trip to India, Melissa and I had been challenged about our lifestyle and where God was calling us to serve him.
As we prayed and discussed our options with other people we decided that God was calling us to step out in faith and leave the security of Greensborough Corps at the end of the year.
I say step out in faith because neither of us will be taking paid employment with the Footscray Corps as well as the challenge of living in a large house with other people.
We feel that God is calling us to sacrifice what we find comfortable and step out in faith to follow him.

It was not an easy decision for us to make because we have both loved our time here at the church. We are both passionate about the future direction that the corps is looking towards and are disappointed that we will not be here to be actively involved in seeing it come to fruition. We are both grateful for the opportunity the church has given us to minister within it. I especially am grateful to all the corps leaders, both past and present, who supported me in my internship and youth worker roles. I am grateful that I was given the opportunity to grow and develop as a leader always under the guidance of people committed to seeing the youth ministry of our church grow. We are both indebted to those in the corps who have supported us both personally and within the youth ministry, without you we would not have been able to achieve what we have.

The church has committed a lot of resources into the youth ministry over the 5 years that I have been involved at the corps. Some of the fruit we have already seen. Some of the fruit our church will never see. I have valued the connections I have made with young people in their schools. Young people who if not for the financial commitment of our church might never have contact with a church. These are the fruits that our church might never see develop, but I assure you they are growing. I know that as the corps continues into the future to commit to ministries reaching outside of itself, like the schools and Mainly Music, the fruit will be abundant.

I ask that as a church you pray for Melissa and myself as we prepare for this new challenge. I ask that you pray for the work of the Salvation Army, not just in Greensborough and Footscray but the world over. You will remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Liam Bantock

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?