.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
STOP THE TRAFFIK
Google
 
Web www.greensy.blogspot.com

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

 

Despicable - link to a Rant

Stephen Said posted some thought provoking questions today.
Click the link to read the whole post:

{neurotribe.net}: ::Rants-despicable:
Trying to do some preparation but I have a sinking feeling in my stomach and I'm occasionally teary when I think about the incident that took place that included the young woman with a learning disability, a homeless man and a taxi driver. (See here and here for respective articles.)

I have been listening to the radio today and hearing all sorts of outrage being expressed. I feel sickened and feel very much for all of the victims involved.

I also hear people baying for the blood of the young men involved. I can help but ask the question though, did these young men, spring fully formed into this world, or did our society and culture shape who they are today?

Are the boys evil? Are the boys parents and families evil? Is our wider society evil? Where does the responsibility lie?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?